Thursday, March 6, 2008

Curly haired girls unite!


Most of you do not know this, because blogs are not televised or shown in pictures, but I have very curly hair. When I was little my hair was so curly that I had a huge red fro probably until I was seven years old. Strangers would stop at the store or on the street to touch my curly red hair. Now, think about it. You are a little kid and people you don't know start coming up to you and touching you. I was so weirded out by it! I hated my curly hair and the way it was always frizzy and unkempt. As I got older, I started to appreciate my unique hair style because it made me stand out. Now I spend an hour and a half straightening my curls, but that is another story. I was so happy when I came across an article about promotions for curly haired girls published by WebWire on March 5,2008. "How Curly Girls Stay in the Loop- NaturallyCurly.com Unveils a Dynamic New Look for 2008" announces a re-launch of the NaturallyCurly.com website as well as other promotions and contests.

The online community known as NaturallyCurly.com was founded in 1998 by two friends, Michelle Breyer and Gretchen Heber. Both have curly hair and wanted to create a place that empowered and united people of a common interest. In this case it was something that defined them- their curly hair. So the pair set out to attract people who both loved and hated their god given curls. They gained a lot of attention, and will continue to with the launch of the new website. To accomplish this, the new site is easier to navigate and has more graphics and visuals. Breyer and Heber hope this will expand their member base and attract new curly girls from around the would to experience their hard work.

Here is just a taste of whats new on the site:
  • Dynamic Publishing- Articles published weekly to keep members up to date with the latest in curl news.
  • Curly Categories- As we all know, not every curly hairstyle is the same. This feature allows users to pinpoint their own age and style of hair to get the best advice for them.
  • Personalization- This gives users the ability to customize their experience with the site by selecting which information you want to read daily, review local salon experiences, and the ability to upload photos.
  • Promotions- (Our favorite part!) This informs users of the current contests and promotions the site is running. One already in the works is the "Ringlet Scavenger Hunt"- you can gain "ringlets" by exploring the new site to accumulate points. Grand Prize winners will receive a trip to New York City, a Ouidad makeover, and other free products.
They have also made a few changes to existing NaturallyCurly.com sections:
  • CurlTalk- An instant question and answer chat room option. Forums discuss everything from hair and fashion to relationships and politics.
  • CurlProducts- Information and reviews on the latest curly hair products.
  • CurlReading- Recommended reading material for tips and professional stylist's advice.
  • CurlMart- An online store to purchase anything and everything curly. Products are top stylist recommended, only the best for those with naturally curly hair.
Finally! A little recognition for us curly haired girls! I was pleasantly surprised with my visit to the site after reading this article. The page is bright and colorful with links and articles very easy to find. If you have struggled with unruly curly hair, then fret no more! Visit NaturallyCurly.com and be one your way to a happy and healthy curl experience!

No comments: